Who do I call if there is Water Damage in my attic?
Water damage in your attic can be one of the most frustrating and stressful home repair projects to address. From finding the source of the problem, to dealing with insurance companies, to making sure your home is safe from any further damage.
SERVPRO of Pleasanton/Dublin team is here for you 24/7, ready and willing to assist with all aspects of water cleanup and restoration in your attic space. We'll make sure that every aspect of this process goes smoothly for you, including working with insurance companies so that you get what you deserve!
Why is there water in my attic?
There are several reasons why you could be experiencing water damage in your attic, but the most common culprits include:
- Roof leaks. If you have a leaky roof and do not repair it, then it could result in mold or mildew developing that spreads through your walls and into other areas of the home. This type of damage can cost thousands of dollars to repair properly, so if you see any signs of moisture on or around your ceiling or walls, contact a professional as soon as possible before further damage occurs.
- Storm Damage. Storms can happen anytime day or night leaving your home affected by wind or rain damage. After a storm, it is important to access the damage to help prevent secondary damages.
How do I know if I have water damage in the attic?
If you have water damage in the attic, there are several signs that can be helpful. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it will give you a better idea of what to look for.
- Your ceiling may have wet spots or mold on it.
- If you have a leaky roof, the insulation might be wet and will need to be replaced.
- If there’s a leak somewhere else in your home and water has managed to get into your attic, it’s possible that some of your walls may show signs of damage.
- The air vents themselves could also be damaged by water damage if they were exposed during a heavy rain storm or due to other types of flooding. Any holes or cracks in these air vents cannot only cause problems with energy efficiency but also increase risk for fire hazards due to lack of proper ventilation.
What to do when you find Water Damage
Once you've determined that there is water damage in your attic, the first step is to call a professional water damage restoration company. They will have the resources needed to get all of the water out of your house and dry it out properly.
Once they've removed all of the wet insulation, carpeting and drywall, they'll need to dry this out as well. If possible, place fans in each room until it's completely dried out. You should also get rid of any furniture or other items that were soaked by removing them from your home if possible; otherwise keep them away from heat sources such as radiators and fireplaces so they don't start drying out prematurely
The SERVPRO Pleasanton/Dublin team is ready to assist with water damage in your attic, no matter how big or small the situation. Contact us today.
Water damage can be a total nightmare, but with the right tools and knowledge, you can get through it. Give us a call today if you need help with any kind of emergency or disaster situation—from mold to fire cleanup, we’re here for whatever comes your way.